Wednesday 11 January 2012

WATERCOLOUR COMPARISON ... got carried away

On Monday I started the oil painting of my red shoes with big red ribbons ... and in my wisdom, I decided to paint a watercolour version alongside to see how that works.

I started the watercolour version yesterday ... but got carried away! My watercolour comfort zone (plus the urgent need for some new card designs!) took hold of me and I haven't managed back to the oil version - I have LOOKED at it a few times .. but that's not quite the same!

Here are the progress pics (rough as they are!) of the watercolour version of There's no place like home ....

1. Initial sketch

2. bit of loose colour
3. a bit of depth added
4. A bit more detail .... and I thoroughly enjoyed painting the pattern on inside!
5. and now for my favourite pen .... There's No Place Like Home ... or there's no medium like watercolour!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment