Tuesday 10 January 2012

PROGRESS OF AN OIL PAINTING

Taking a leap of faith here and decided that I would take progress pics of how a painting progresses .... however, an oil painter I am not!

So this is a big step for me (pun intended!) however, am hoping it will help and make me less likely to chicken out, ditch the painting and go back to the safety of my watercolours ... here's hoping anyway.

Have had this canvas lying around for years in the hope that I might actually use it and become marvellous oil painter ... but it scares the living daylights out of me so yesterday I took some brave pills and nervously started painting 'There's no place like home'

... great idea today: gonna start a watercolour version of same painting and see how they progress ... not started that yet but will post when I have.

Step 1 (9th Jan) - initial painting to get shape right:
Which I didn't manage when I came back to look at it last night, I can see the one on left is for gigantor and the one on right is for normal sized person!

A quick revision while I run the bath for child no. 2:
 I will say: the canvas is 50cm x 50cm so it's much bigger than am used to - I normally paint in actual size (any excuse)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment