Tuesday 13 September 2011

MISTLETOES - PROGRESS OF A PAINTING

Thought you might like to see how the Christmas paintings took shape. Here's the first: Mistletoes .... and some nice shots of my thumb!

STAGE 1: this obviously is NOT stage 1 as there's already paint on it! It was later in the process that I remembered I should record a few stages of progress ...

STAGE 2: barely touching the board with paint here ... I liked it at this stage ... and left it for the night here as am nervous about painting in greens and blues for some reason!

STAGE 3:A bit more turquoise paint on there - was going ok ... and then ....

STAGE 4: Hated what I'd done at this stage and washed a bit off!
STAGE 5: actually there were a few stages missed out here - with some washing off and repainting to get something that I liked. But this was the last stage - which I like - the pen ... and some nice mistletoe berry highlights which really jump out.

I will blog the final painting in frame and the new Christmas cards, prints & tags later in week ... think this is enough Christmas for now!

This painting is now framed and on sale (cards, tags & prints also available): CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment